Available as a 25 mg or 50 mg pre-filled syringe1
Reassurance for patients with
latex allergy or their family
27 gauge needle
a Syringe must be protected from light and discarded if not used within the 31-day period, even if it is returned to the refrigerator.
Rotate the site for each injection.
If you are injecting into the abdomen, choose a site that is at least 5 cm away from the belly button.
1. Inspect the pre-filled syringe:
Check the expiry date on the pre-filled syringe label.
• Do not use the pre-filled syringe past the expiration date.
• Do not use the pre-filled syringe if it has been dropped onto a hard surface. Components inside the pre-filled syringe may be broken.
• Do not use the pre-filled syringe if the needle cover is missing or not securely attached.
2. Inspect the solution:
Look at the medicine in the pre-filled syringe.
The medicine should be clear to slightly opalescent, colourless or pale yellow, and may contain small white or almost transparent particles of protein.
• Do not use the solution if it is discoloured, cloudy, or if particles other than those described above are present.
3. Allow the medicine to reach room temperature:
Remove one pre-filled syringe from the refrigerator and leave at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before injecting.
This is important to make the medicine easier and more comfortable to inject.
• Do not remove the needle cover until you are ready to inject.
• Do not use heat sources, such as a microwave or hot water, to warm Benepali™.
Before you inject, ask your doctor or nurse to show you how to use your pre-filled syringe.
This quick use guide is a shortened version of the patient information leaflet. These instructions are supplied as a guide only.
Please read the full patient information leaflet before you use your syringe for the first time.1 This guide is available for HCPs to download for their patients.
Do not try to give yourself the injection unless your doctor or nurse has shown you how to give the injection.
Do not inject into areas that are red, hard, bruised, or tender.
Do not inject into scars or stretch marks.
If you have psoriasis, do not inject into any raised, thick, red, or scaly skin patches, or lesions.
Do not touch this area again before giving the injection.
Do not twist or bend the needle cap while removing it, as this may damage the needle.
Do not touch the plunger rod while removing the needle cover.
Never recap the needle.
You can let go of the skin that you are pinching after the needle is completely inserted.
Never recap the needle. Recapping could lead to a needle stick injury.
Check with your healthcare provider for instructions on how to properly dispose a filled sharps container.
Sharps disposal containers may be purchased at your local pharmacy.
Do not throw the sharps container in household bin.
Do not recycle.
Do not reuse Benepali pre-filled syringe.
Always keep the container out of the sight and reach of children.
If there is bleeding at the injection site, press a gauze pad over the injection site.
Do not rub the injection site.
If needed, cover the injection site with a plaster.